The project will contribute to the promotion of Georgian language and culture among Georgian children living abroad as well as their approximation with Georgia.
Details for Georgian language Distance Learning Program :
- The lessons are delivered by the certified teachers trained by National Center for Teacher Professional Development.
- Children get engaged in an online teaching space with the help of their parent/tutors (only a computer and internet access are needed)
- Virtual classroom is provided by Microsoft (Microsoft Teams platform)
- Proposed online lessons are based on an interactive mode of teaching
- The process involves ‘learning by playing’ method
- Illustrated and visualized exercises
Distance language course features
Duration of online language class: 30 minutes
Number of students per group: 5-6 students
Student’s age: 5-15 years
Georgian Language proficiency: none, minimal, intermediate
Groups are comprised of age peers and students with equal linguistic competence
Georgian Language lessons for emigrant students have been delivered since 2016. Students attend the lessons from around the world. The demand for project involvement is rising annually. From 2016-2022 more than 1000 students have been involved.
Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia:
Carried out by the National Center for Teacher Professional Development
Technical support – Education Management Information Systems
Supporter – Microsoft Georgia
Project is implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia